Sunday, July 10, 2022

Walk The Vanquished Earth

 Erin Swan wrote Walk The Vanquished Earth. This is a dystopian novel about global warming and also an epic family novel. The story begins in Kansas in 1873. A man named Samson is hunting bison. Then it hops to 1975 and a pregnant teenage girl is found walking through town unable to speak. Then it jumps to 2025 and a man named Paul leaves Kansas for New Orleans where he builds a community in rooms on high stilts above the flooded city where they grown their own food and collect rainwater for drinking. Finally we land in the year 2073 and a girl named Moon is living on Mars. She has two Uncles living with her who are not exactly human. As I read the story I could see how each of the individuals were related. I can't say I really enjoyed reading it. I sincerely hope this author is wrong about the future of the planet.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...