Saturday, July 16, 2022

Bugs In My Eye

We had six camp sites filled last night and it looks like 8 camp sites taken tonight. There is one campsite right on the river with a huge grassy lawn and no trees. They have a great view and they get lots of sunshine. The mosquitoes aren't too bad because I bought a Thermocell device that keeps them away. When I walk on the paths though I am harassed by deer flies and gnats. I had two bugs fly into my eye today where they go under my eye lid and die and I have to get them out. The chipping sparrow comes every day to patrol my camp site. I have not heard the American bittern at all yet this weekend. The green frogs were talking loudly. The ostrich ferns and interrupted ferns are gorgeous and I took a picture of one but I can't upload it. A person on a jet ski went by the park five times today. A pontoon boat went by and it was much quieter. This is a very nice place to sit outside in my chair at the camp site or on a picnic table by the river and read a book. I am certain that the belted kingfisher has a nest in the riverbank by the group camp because they get all upset whenever I walk by that area.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...