Monday, February 6, 2023

A Crested Caracara was one of my goals for today. Score!


Here is a map of the refuge that has 34,000 acres. Soon they will add more. Some of the area is rented out to cattle ranchers.

That there on the right side of the platform is a Crested Caracara nest!

There is a white Ibis!
There she goes flying to the right.

There is a gator l.ooking at me.
Another gator
On the far side of that island, in front of the boardwalk rested 40 Roseate Spoonbills. Pretty in pink!



I guess this moon is called the snow moon. Quite of few couples were out at this park  near my place watching the moon rise. This is a romantic park tonight!


Mom and two children fly by. Wow.

A Crested Caracara was one of my goals for today. Score!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...