Friday, February 3, 2023

Bayou Wildlife Zoo

Two young women were on the safari ride with me. They paid extra money for a bowl of food. I saw this ostrich running and then I was glad I didn't pay extra for food.

That local deer has uneven horns. She is a female deer, doe a deer, a female deer.

I cannot remember the name of this African horned creature but "Pooh," our driver, said it was the only animal on earth with blood running through the horns.

Hi Joey! Pooh said his name was Joey.

This is the one with the cutest antlers.

What did the Daddy buffalo say to his kid as he walked out the door? Bison.

Camels always make me think of Marlboro's.

I can't remember the name of these either. I should have been taking notes but this safari ride was so bumpy I had to hang onto the seats. Like Pooh says, "Yabba dabba do!"

The cow's name on the right is Valentine. See the heart on her forehead?

I think Giraffe's might be my favorite mammal. So elegant. So refined. So above it all.

Shetland ponies were introduced from Europe to pull coal from mines in West Virginia. They were so good at pulling coal out that people brought more over. Originally the ponies were from the Shetland islands in Scotland. Some were brought to Belgian and were bred with Belgian horses.

I am walking back to my car when I see this deer on the side of the road.

This one alpaca made rude noises at me.

Want to hear a dirty joke? Two pigs fell in the mud and three came out.

This one tried to eat my purse and untied my shoe! Don't give me that innocent look!
 
Pot belly pig.

A bored fox.

Javelina like they have in the Grand Canyon.

This cutie from Mozambique popped it's little head up every time I raised my camera. 

After the zoo I drove to the Challenger Memorial Park to get some exercise.

I wish they had less mown grass but they do have some prairie. This is a nice park with nice restrooms and equipment for kids to utilize. People were fishing for rainbow trout and other fish. I would think the water is too warm for rainbow trout down here.

Nice memorial. This tragedy occurred when Ronald Reagan was President.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...