Thursday, February 2, 2023

A Good Day Is One When You Don't Need To Ride In An Ambulance

The rumbling sound of a loud motor woke me  up this morning at 5:45 a.m. I thought this would be from some dude in a large Ford pick-up truck getting ready for  his job at the Petro chemical plant. But then I opened my eyes. Red lights were flashing. I lift one wide slat of the Venetian blinds. An ambulance is parked there. Oh, no, I think to myself, this must be the Grandma who lives in the RV next to me. I heard her grand daughters calling for  her when they came to visit last week. I put the slat down and lift another one. I lift another one and I see the driver of the ambulance get in and shut the door. The red flashing lights go off. I can barely make out the outline of a figure on a gurney that is raised at the head. The ambulance drives away. I go back to bed thinking how lucky I am not to be in that ambulance.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...