Friday, February 3, 2023

Pictures of the Dickenson Railroad Museum

 

The fireplace is for whites only.

Yes, I rang the bell but only once.

I would love to ride on this wooden bike that attached to the railroad rail.

A recreation of the store that sold ice and water in town. I am not sure why the lady fell down.

A view of the depot from a distance.

The station master is at work.

The seed store where people exchange seeds and plants. In March the parking lot will be completely full of gardeners.

The pot-belly stove for the people of color was the warmest area of the depot.


Nice wagon!

Hand cranked rail road car.

Historical marker

Smaller hand cranked rail road car.

My Dad's Mom used one of these. I remember her working with it. I wonder if I wanted to learn how to sew, would it be better to buy one of these instead of a modern version? I should look into it.

A poster showing the various models of train engines.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...