Thursday, February 23, 2023

Texas Hill Country Is Gorgeous

Today I drove MY car back to the Fredrickson Nature Center which is a 20 minute drive from this ranch.

I arrived about 10. I walked for an hour on the wheelchair accessible paths. I went back to my car to refill my water bottle and to grab the walking sticks.

I walked a more difficult path until a little after noon. I had a picnic.

I organized my car. I found my harmonica. Monica the harmonica.

I heard a Bewick's wren, a golden fronted woodpecker and a white winged dove. Doves are a lovely sign of peace for me. The Carolina wren was talking too. I saw 3 black vultures perched on a traffic light while driving up here.

I love when the plants are labelled.

I took this picture in case I got lost. Not all who wander are lost but I am.

Tomorrow I will go to Government Canyon. I heard you needed to make a reservation. I tried to make a reservation but they don't accept cash. The woman told me just to go without a reservation. As of that moment they had 250 openings. So I do need a reservation and I don't need a reservation? I feel like Alice in Wonderland sometimes.

Look at the little lizard.

Texas hill country is gorgeous. I tried to take a photo looking out of a hole like that one kid did here the other day but so far no luck on that. I went home and made Mexican enchiladas over Texas rice. I sat on the hammock and spoke with my longhorn. She and I get along real well.



 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...