Tuesday, February 28, 2023

The Heart Goes Last

 I seem to navigate more accurately when I listen to books in my car. I have loved Margaret Atwood ever since I read her first book and I did not know she wrote The Heart Goes Last until I found it on Libby. Margaret is a prolific writer and this book is also a dystopian novel. In this case the government has opened new prisons. Some of the employees like Charmaine, Jocelyn, Max, and Stan work there. The government has started doing surgery on people. When they wake up from the surgery, the first thing they see that has two eyes will be their love interest forevermore. If, like one woman, the first thing you see is a stuffed blue teddy bear, you are in love with your teddy bear. I was sure Charmaine had the surgery. Charmaine is so innocent, so gullible, so trusting, she must have had the surgery. Jocelyn has to be a manipulative evil woman. This book kept me guessing. Frankly, I still don't know if the Positron Project in Consilience is a good thing or a bad thing.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...