Saturday, January 16, 2010

Be Careful What You Ask For


Sadly, I've been to two funerals this week. I was greeted with enthusiastic hugs at the first funeral from a niece and a nephew. They ran toward me with arms out wide, yelling my name. I felt so popular! I felt great! At the second funeral I saw the same nephew but I didn't get the same enthusiastic greeting. I asked, "Aren't you going to greet me like you did last time?" He smiled and opened his arms for a hug. He hugged me but he didn't let go right away. I didn't think anything of it until he said, "I was just checking to see if I could touch my hands together." Then he wanted to hug the others, checking us for size. Good grief! That is the last time I'm asking that kid for a hug.

No comments:

One Puzzling Afternoon

 Emily Critchley is the author of One Puzzling Afternoon , a mystery historical fiction novel set in a small town in the British Isles. Edie...