Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Calling All Birds


I set up the bird bath tonight after work. Even though it's bitter cold, the sun is still up so I can do an outside chore in the evening. I bought an extension cord when I bought the birdbath. I figured I would need about 20 feet to reach the outlet. So I looked for a 25 foot cord. Lucky for me I found a 40 foot cord for about the same price. The 40 foot cord is barely long enough. Note to self: next time you estimate a distance, double your guess. In any case, the bird bath is all set up now. The birds will probably appreciate a source of water in this bitter, dry cold weather. Maybe my bird count will go up this weekend.

No comments:

Cataloochee

Today I went to a different area of Smoky Mountains National Park. I went to the Cataloochee overlook. This area was much less crowded. That...