Friday, January 8, 2010

First Sign of Spring


My first sign of spring arrived in the mailbox today - the Farmer Seed and Nursery Catalog from Faribault, Minnesota. I must restrain myself. Is this the year for elephant ear caladiums? How about pampas grass? I've tried to grow pampas grass four times and it never takes in my yard. I must restrain myself. Buy things only in zone 4 or higher and buy things only for shade. But these pictures get to me. Pictures of vegetables held my children - I want to buy those the most. They have a photo of a little girl with blond hair holding walla walla onions - she's so cute and the onions look so tasty. I could spend a lot of money if I don't restrain myself.

No comments:

One Puzzling Afternoon

 Emily Critchley is the author of One Puzzling Afternoon , a mystery historical fiction novel set in a small town in the British Isles. Edie...