Saturday, December 15, 2007

British TV Commercial Awards


I recommend you go see the British TV Commercial Awards at the Walker. We went last night and I really enjoyed myself. I think it's ironic that I pay to see British commercials when I refuse to watch American commercials. All commercials must be muted in this house. But the British ones are entertaining. You can see a student in the picture above. She and another guy in a huge college classroom throw papers back and forth while the professor drones on unaware. Soon all the kids in the class are throwing papers back and forth. The air is full of flying papers that the kids catch with precision. The commercial is for telephone text messaging. My favorite commerical was for HD television. The commercial shows a dreary residential area with apartment buildings and grassy areas - all very drab. Soon colors burst out of sides of the buildings and spray into the air. Looks like the colors are either powder or a very fine spray of liquid paint. In time with the music, colors burst out of the grassy areas and fall on the benches. One tall building has a different color sprouting from each floor. The first floor is purple, the second dark blue and you watch on up to the top of the building so by the end you can see the entire building is a rainbow of color. That was my favorite. I am a big fan of color. All the shows at the Walker are sold out before Christmas but there are still some seats available the week after Christmas.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...