Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Suggestions? A Tree Topper!

I used to have a beautiful red star shaped tree topper. It had seen better days. For the past 10 years I have taped and clothes pined it to a paint stirring stick to get it to stay on top of the tree. This year my red star would not light. So I had to improvise. I had this angel that was given to me by a coworker about 8 years ago. She's an angel - see the picture? She has a white long dress with long sleeves. Her hands are in a white muff. Is that what you call it, a muff? It's a cloth canister open on both ends into which you put your hands to keep them warm. You can't do a darn thing with your hands once they're in there. Mittens and gloves are W A Y more practical. She has white wings with gold trim in the wing wrinkles. She has a bow at her neck, blond hair, a evergreen crown, and a hair net. Her eyes are closed. From the waist down she is lit up - as if she has a giant LED light between her legs. She is a nice angel but I just can't relate. I want my tree topper angel to be more like someone I can relate to. Vote for the tree topper angel enhancement of your choice.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...