Monday, December 17, 2007

Nutcracker




We went to see the Nutcracker Ballet at O'Shaunnessey Auditorium yesterday. This is the second time I have seen this ballet and I had a lovely time. Part of the fun is watching the crowd. There were lots of little girls dressed up in their holiday finery coming to the ballet. I saw ribbons in hair, tights on little legs, and velvet dresses with bows. One girl had a black velvet dress with a cream yoke and a red ribbon and she was holding a doll with the exact same outfit. The ballet was good too. The orchestra did an excellent job. Some people were clapping after some particularly difficult dance moves and I didn't like that because I couldn't hear the music. Actually the whole Nutcracker story is fairly strange. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. Both stories have young female lead characters who have dreams. It makes me wonder if both writers were taking drugs when they wrote the story. Anyway, I loved the ballet. I love watching people dance. Some of the kids on stage couldn't have been more than 3 years old. Others were award winning ballet dancers from Russia. How do they stand on their toes like that? You'd think that would hurt like the dickens.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...