Sunday, December 16, 2007

There was a Crooked Man


This morning I remembered a nursery rhyme my Grandma used to recite to me and I want to share it with you.


There was a crooked man

Who walked a crooked mile

Who found a crooked sixpence

Upon a crooked stile

He bought a crooked cat

Who caught a crooked mouse

And they all lived together

In a crooked little house.
PS Once, when traveling near the Grand Canyon, we stopped at a park to have a picnic lunch. The park was near a ranch. We walked the trail around the perimeter of the park. I scared Offspring #2 by suddenly yelling out, "Look - it's a stile! I gotta go on the stile!" I was so excited to see a real life working stile.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...