Monday, December 10, 2007

Jerboa

Everyday I read the BBC news website. I like getting world news from a different angle. And I like looking at the BBC "Pictures of the Day." I check out the page from each continent, the health news, and the entertainment news. Today I read an interesting article about the jerboa. A jerboa is a tiny, noctural mammal from the Gobi desert. This is a hard animal to study and the Zoological Society of London is thrilled to finally get this creature on camera. It's hops about the sand like a miniature kangaroo. It has hairy feet that act like snowshoes on the sand. Here is the link to the article about it. http://news.bbc..co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7130484.stm The jerboa has one of the largest ear to body ratios of any mammal. LOOK AT THE EARS ON THAT THING! Is it any wonder the jerboa is camera shy?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...