Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Kite Runner




Two thumbs up for the movie, Kite Runner. I thought it was very moving. The movie was true to the book and I always like that about a good book. I have a friend (lost track of him lately) who was born and raised in Afghanistan. He told me years ago about the kite races. He said they were very popular. There was a lot of preparation to the kite flying contests. He coated his string in a liquid solution containing ground glass. The glass would cut his skin if he ran the string through his hand. The object was to cut the kite of your opponent. My favorite line of the movie is, "For you my friend, a thousand times over."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...