Sunday, December 23, 2007

Do You Ever Get The Feeling?

Do you ever get the feeling that a doctor has told you something because they like their job, want to keep their job, and are avoiding a law suit? Recently I got some advice that I think fits into this category. I am coming to believe that he wasn't talking about me in particular, he was saying things for the potential future courtroom drama. Hello! Who is paying the copay here? Me or his lawyer? I get that he wants to keep his job but I don't like being used. I am not the type to sue. I have only sued one person in my life (if you don't count divorce) and I ended up regretting that move. She was a landlady of a house on 50th and Knox, Minneapolis. I was a tenant. She kept our damage deposit for a plumbing bill. The plumber said tree roots had grown into the sewer pipe and were halfway up the basement level. He said roots would have been coming out of the toilet in a few years. I didn't think it was my responsibility to pay for tree roots growing in a sewer pipe. I took her to small claims court. Her son was a lawyer. When we got in front of the judge, the judge said he knew the son but wouldn't let that affect his decision. We won our money back but I ended up having to take a day off work and spend a lot of time and energy and I hasseled an older lady (who was trying to shaft me). We won but it was an empty victory. So even though my name is Sue, I am not the suing type. Is it too much to ask that a doctor would give you the straight information without hidden agendas?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...