Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Wonderful Way to Start the Season


Today we went to the St. Olaf Christmas Festival. What a wonderful concert. Hundreds of young voices rising in song. Orchestra playing. Handbells ringing. Harps. Violins. A Tuba. Cellos. Trumpets. Cymbals clashing. I had a great time.


We got snow on Saturday. I now have grasped that my driveway is too big for me to shovel. So I hired a snowplower. When I call, he will come and plow me out. So I called Saturday night. That freed me up to sit and relax and watch Moby Dick on television (Call me Ismael). I went out at 11 to walk the dog and the driveway was done. This morning, at 10:30, my snowplower calls and asks me if I still want the driveway done. Huh? "I thought you did plow it already." It wasn't him. His phone wasn't working and he didn't get the message until this morning. "Ah, no, I won't be needing you to plow me out this time." I JUST SAVED $50! But who did this kind deed of plowing my driveway? I suspected Bruce next door. He's done it before. I call over there. Bruce says he did a small amount of the driveway but the gravel was pinging his snowblower so he quit. So who was this good samaritan? I feel blessed by this wintery mystery.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...