Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Dog Says How


I read this entire book yesterday. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a rainy day mourning Blunder. The author Kevin Kling is a dog lover so this book had many dog references and that made me sad. But he is also funny as all get out so it was a pleasant mix. He writes about being a reckless kid growing up in Minnesota, a typical rough and tumble boy much like the cousins I grew up with. He compares riding a motorcycle to flying - and I agree. His funniest story is about a group of guys at a Twins game. Action on the field is slow so this large group of men make a bet whether this adolescent boy, 10 rows down, will lick the cheese container of his nachos. People in the rows above him also get in on the action. They watch in anticipation as this unknowing kid eats the last nacho. I won't tell you whether the kid licks the cheese compartment of not but what he does creates such an uproar in this section of the crowd that they almost get kicked out of the game. He's a great story teller.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...