Thursday, September 18, 2008

Glass Mosaic Patio Table Class

Last night I got home too late to fire up the computer and leave a post. I took a community education class to make a glass mosaic patio table. We got most of our designs on the table. No one finished entirely. We have homework to do before we come back next week and lay down black grout between the pieces of glass. I chose a sun face. The instructor was able to get the group talking while we worked. She asked us to say our names, where we worked and our favorite sound. Lots of people had bird calls for their favorite sounds - loons, cardinals, and chickadees. Some people liked the sound of a baby cry. The instructor herself liked the sound of her husband's or daughter's car coming home at night. I like all those sounds too. Lately though, my favorite sound is the engine of my bike as I accelerate after shifting into fifth gear. That gives me a very satisfying rumble. I believe this is the last week I'll be driving it to work in the morning. The sun isn't rising until about 7 a.m. and I leave at 6:30 or 6:45. I had a scare on Wednesday. I was riding east on Bunker just past Seventh Avenue at the front of a line of traffic when a buck with antlers jumped onto the road and leaped across Bunker. Even though the buck was quite a distance away, I screamed and I swore. No one can hear you when you scream into your helmet.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...