Thursday, September 4, 2008

Police Blotter

Direct quote from the Star Tribune police blotter for the city of Coon Rapids: Disturbing the Peace. A complaint was received that the kids are screaming at the New Horizon child care center in the 13100 block of Riverdale Drive NW. The noise is disturbing his cat.
Just so you know, as a child I was a screamer. There was nothing finer than spending a summer afternoon in the playhouse in the back yard screaming in unison until our ears rang. After a few minutes of screaming, we'd get our voices to blend and harmonize together. It was great. We weren't screaming about any particular topic. We weren't upset. We weren't especially happy. We weren't even screaming for ice cream. We screamed for the joy of screaming. My cousin's wife was complaining about her neighbor's kids screaming so I told her (in detail) how much I enjoyed it as a child. She gave me this priceless look - a combination of skepticism, distaste, disbelief, and wondering if I was putting her on. I wasn't making it up. She is a little tightly wound so I enjoy pushing her buttons just a little bit.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...