Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Equinox

Happy Equinox to you. Fall is my third favorite season and brings a close to the growing season. My flowers have thrived this summer but this is my worst year for vegetable gardening ever. The deer ate all the sunflowers and almost all the broccoli. They chewed down the tomato plants so they couldn't produce. They trampled the pumpkin vines. I've gotten 3 gourds so far and 2 have gone soft already. They even ate the green pepper plants. They left the jalapeno plant alone but without green peppers and tomatoes, I can't use the jalapeno for salsa. I hope to have better luck next year. One gardener I know says her boyfriend and his buddies urinate around the garden to keep the deer away. Yeah, I just can't see myself doing that. Those deer, they can go from cute to pesky in a flash just by jumping over my garden fence.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...