Saturday, September 6, 2008

Which Super Power Would You Choose?


For me, there is no question, I'd choose to fly. I used to dream about flying. And today, I felt like I flew on my motorcycle. Before leaving, I mapped my route and wrote the directions on my hand. Lesson learned - write the directions on top of your hand, not the palm. Gripping the handlebars makes the writing unreadable. So I got lost. And that was OK. Back in the early 1970's, I got lost all the time. My goal was to get lost and then find my way home again. I was a newly licensed driver with my own car and gas was way cheaper than it is now. Today reminded me of those carefree times. Towns I passed while being lost and getting home again - Oak Grove, Forest Lake, Hugo, Wyoming, Stacy, North Branch, Harris, Rush City, Braham, Stanchfield, Grandy, Cambridge, Walbo, Bradford (where I bought my bike in the first place), St. Francis, and home. Miles - 130. Time flying 3.5 hours. Fun - immeasurable.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...