Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What used to bug me . . .

Dearest Blunder,
It used to bug me when we were walking down the street and if someone came along you would jump on your back feet at the end of the leash begging them to pay you some attention. I was embarrassed by your flirtatiousness. I'd give anything to see that again. It used to bug me that you wouldn't pee unless we were on a walk. There were many mornings and evenings that I did not feel like going for a walk, especially in the winter when the streets were icy. Now I don't know what to do with myself because you aren't here and you don't need a walk. It used to bug me that you needed verbal prompts to pee sometimes. I was embarrassed the neighbors might overhear me saying, "Urinate! Go to the bathroom!" It used to bug me that you had stomach problems unless you got a lot of exercise. This summer when we figured out that I could ride my bike and you could run along with me was helpful. I really enjoyed our longer bike rides when you ran for the first mile or two and then rode in the basket on the bicycle. It used to bug me when I went to the bathroom and if I didn't latch the door tight you would push it open and stare at me to see what I was doing. I miss your little black eyes now. It used to bug me the way you would stare at me and study me. I'd tell you to stop staring. Remember how sometimes I would even hold the newspaper up so you couldn't see my face? I wish you would study me now because I am so sad without you. It used to bug me when you stretched out on my lap, sometimes leaving claw marks on my legs. My lap is cold without you on it. It used to bug me because your curly fur was like Velcro and you dragged leaves, flowers, stickers, and sometimes even small branches into the house and I would have to pick them up. My floor is cleaner now but I am not happy about that. It used to bug me that I had to come home right away after work so you could go for a walk. Sometimes that was inconvenient for me. Now I'm in no hurry to come home because the house is so empty without you. It used to bug me that you stomach was so sensitive. Iams dog food made you sick. I had to buy Science Diet which you didn't like unless I doctored it up with some canned dog food, brown rice, cheese, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, or meat. I struggled to keep you up to 10 pounds. I wish I could make you dinner right now. You really didn't bug me Blunder. I just didn't realize how fortunate I was to have you in my life. Miss you. Sincerely, Sue

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...