Monday, September 1, 2008

Lesson Learned - $48.09 is TOO MUCH!

What a glorious day today. I took my motorcycle for a spin around St. Paul. I thought about going downtown but after watching the 5 o'clock news, I'm glad I didn't do that. I was shocked at what the anarchists were doing. Anyway, the ride was pleasant. I rode around Lake Como and stopped at a sibling's house to see if the kids were ready for school. I probably put on 80 miles day - using up a whole gallon of gas! I'm so glad I got this motorcycle. I'm really having a good time. I brought my backpack to get groceries on my way home. I knew that what ever I got would have to fit in the backpack. In the cart, it didn't look like much. Except for a loaf of bread, I was able to fit everything in the backpack. Trouble was, I could not lift it to put it on. I had to ask the check-out clerk at County Market to help me put my back pack on. She had to come around the counter to lift it. "Are you on a motorcycle?" she asked. "I don't want you to tip over backwards." Great, another thing to worry about. I could not believe how heavy that back pack was. The bread went inside my jacket. All I had was some bananas, peaches, raspberries, some cheese, some fat-free half and half, an onion, some potatoes, a little container of low fat mayo. Oh, yeah, a liter of sugar free A&W. Give me credit - I knew I couldn't fit a 12 pack! I actually considered leaving the backpack behind the counter and coming back for it later. Lesson learned - don't buy so much stuff when shopping on a motorcycle. ,

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...