Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Al

We got off topic at a meeting at work today.  Someone was talking about the television show Casey Jones and her childhood memories.  She mentioned a milkman who delivered milk to her home.  "Oh, " I added, "we had a milkman too.  His name was Al."  Turns out we lived in the same neighborhood and we had the same milkman.  Now, with all the stuff in my head, how do I remember the name of the milk man who delivered our milk in square glass bottles with foil tops?  With all I have to remember, why is there room in my gray matter for the man named Al?  I can't remember what he looked like but I remember his scrawled name on the paper receipt.  I remember he joked about chocolate milk coming from brown cows. Al had a white milk delivery truck. I don't have a lot of room in my noggin for remembering things.  Important things like paying my mortgage and returning my library books escape me.  With cell phones I don't have as many phone numbers to memorize but I have a boat load of passwords to remember.  I'd trade Al the milk man in a New York minute if I could remember my health insurance password.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...