Friday, March 21, 2014

Best. Car. Ever.

I do not recommend taking photos of your odometer when driving at 65 mph but this was a special day.

This 2003 Honda Civic has been the best car I've ever owned.  The odometer turned to 200,000 today and to celebrate I filled up the gas tank and bought the ultimate car wash.  The ultimate!  And then I took a photo before I drove up my muddy driveway and got it all dirty again.  The car is running great.  I've bought new tires 3 times and had the brakes redone twice.  I've had all the recommended oil changes and tune ups.  Basically nothing has gone wrong with this car after all these miles.  I've driven it to the west coast twice and to the east coast twice.  I drive 35 miles round trip to work five days a week.  I had to have it towed only once - when the battery gave out after 8 years of working just fine.  I've never even had a flat on the road with this car.  This car doesn't look new but it doesn't look decrepit either.  It has a few canoe scratches on the roof and some worn spots in the carpeting.  In my lifetime I've owned a Rambler American (68), an AMC Hornet (74), a Plymouth Horizon (81), a Plymouth Sundance (88), a Plymouth Voyager (94), and this Civic.  None of my other cars ever made it anywhere near 200,000 miles.  All of them had major issues which made them unreliable and not worth spending money on.  When I bought this car I hoped it would last until 2011.  Huh!  2011 has come and gone and the civic keep plugging along without issues.  Best. Car.  Ever. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your dedication to your Civic, Sue. I agree that some cars will always have a special place in our hearts, and I guess it's the Civic for you. Hahaha! I hope you and your car tend to more adventurous days and nights in the future. All the best to you! :)

Colin Morton @ Sea Port Auto

Unknown said...

I think your car loves you enough not to leave you behind. Hahaha! I believe you really take good care of it. It still looks brand new and attractive in the picture. I'm so happy that you and your car have a very melodious relationship. Keep it up, Sue. Take care!

| Bradford Oliver @ la customs

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...