Monday, March 3, 2014

Midwest Supply

Offspring #2 and I went shopping at Midwest Supplies - a warehouse store in St. Louis Park.  I wanted to pick up some cheese making enzymes and supplies.  I bought vegetable rennet, sheep lipase, muslin cloth and other stuff I needed to make cheese.  She bought some pH paper, French herbs and calcium chloride.  What was fun was looking at all the other things to buy.  You could buy oak barrels, copper stills, and corks by the bagful.  Liquid karma was for sale and also bat guano.  Where else could you buy guano?  I've never seen guano for sale before.  I could have bought a bag of Alaskan topsoil or a bag of coconut hulls.  They had flasks and test tubes for sale.  They had a whole room full of grains and hops for making beer.  They sold little kegs for beer shaped like pigs and even pig blankets to insulate the little piggy kegs.  One section of the store was for hydroponic gardening.  They sold lights and hoses and tubing.  They even sold tents for growing plants in a well lit and warm environment.  Normally I'm not a shopper.  I don't enjoy going to a mall or selecting new clothes.  If I do enjoy shopping it's usually a hardware store or an antique store.  But this Midwest Supplies store was an enjoyable place to shop.  We walked up and down every single aisle so we could see it all.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...