Monday, March 24, 2014

I Was Born Under a Wanderin' Star




I saw this clip on youtube last week and got intrigued.  I'm a fan of old cowboy shows and this cowboy movie stars Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood AND it was a musical.  A young Clint Eastwood singing?  Sign me up!  I borrowed "Paint Your Wagon" from my library.  Clint Eastwood does sing.  He isn't the best singer but that was okay because it was real. Clint and Lee Marvin were actually good actors in this musical - not all fakey and overacted like in many musicals.  And Lee Marvin!  With his gravely voice and scruffy exterior, well, my heart just melted.  The best line is "soap can make your eyes burn but only people make you cry."  This movie would have been a good one to see on the big screen back in 1969.  And for 1969 the female character in this movie was way ahead of her time with her successful suggestion of a plural marriage (both Lee and Clint!).  I sure enjoy a good cowboy show.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...