Sunday, March 23, 2014

Twisted Sisters

This book came recommended on my library website under "new fiction."  I am a sister and I have sisters so I decided to read Twisted Sisters by Jen Lancaster.  And although I am naturally sarcastic and am accustomed to a certain level of sarcasm, this book gave me an overdose of sarcasm.  Wow.  The sarcasm goes too far.  The main character is the middle sister, Reagan Bishop.  At first I identified with her.  She tries hard to be successful at her job as a psychologist. She exercises and tries to eat right. As the book continues we begin to realize that Reagan is the twisted sister. I liked the description of the Chicago neighborhoods.  In the last third of the book the author employs some new age magic that is way over the top. Some moments were funny but this book made me question the library choices for best new fiction.     " 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...