Sunday, March 2, 2014

Who Can Resist

I walked into a Walgreens store to buy a few things and was startled by a sales pitch.  "Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?" said two girls in uniforms, simultaneously.  I looked up and saw two girls and two Moms standing by a table stacked with colorful boxes of expensive cookies.  Feeling bad I said, "I didn't bring money in."  "We take checks," said both girls in the exact same intonation, time and style.  I said I didn't bring checks either and walked off to make my purchases.  The fact that the girls greeted me in total unison plus the fact that I have worked way too many cookie booths in my day resulted in me scrounging through my car to come up with eight dollars - enough for one box of trefoils and one box to donate to the food shelf in Anoka.  I told the girls that I was back because of their amazing stereophonic sales pitch.  They guessed they had sold about 60 boxes so far which I think is impressive for a little store like Walgreens.  Who can resist an energetic Girl Scout sales pitch?  Not I.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...