Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dude, Where's My Gut?

My exercise team, "Dude, Where's My Gut?" won the employee fitness contest by racking up the most exercise minutes compared to the other teams.  We won the 5 week contest by only 15 minutes.  I worked hard but was not the team member with the most minutes by a long shot.  One week I thought I did especially well totaling 505 minutes in a single week because we got double minutes for riding a bike one of the days.  And still our average for that week was 515 minutes.  One of the guys on my team is an exercise fanatic.  He plays hockey for 2 hours and then goes to the gym.  Still, we won and I helped.  The contest increased my motivation.  I know this because this week, when the minutes don't count, I find myself thinking "Oh, 45 minutes is enough.  I don't really need to go a whole hour."  I got my prize today and it was more than I expected.  I won a plastic water bottle, another toothbrush, a wide grip smooth writing pen with an orange barrel, a pedometer, lip balm, and a Cub gift certificate.  So now to decide how to spend that gift certificate.  Do I, in the spirit of the competition, buy Brussels sprouts, almonds, and kale and unsweetened Greek yogurt?  Or do I reward myself for my hard work by buying cheese pizza, diet root beer and no sugar added ice cream for root beer floats, and dove chocolates? That would be dark dove chocolates so they're healthy, right?  I am going camping next week so dove chocolate would be appropriate for s'mores.  Actually, when I eat a s'more I leave out the marshmallow and the graham crackers and just eat the chocolate.  I should call them s'less. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...