Monday, June 30, 2014

My First CSA

I picked up my first CSA (consumer supported agriculture) allotment today.  As I expected, I'm eating a bigger variety of vegetables.  Tonight I got 2 dozen radishes, a head of red lettuce, a head of romaine lettuce, 20 spears of asparagus, a pint of green beans and a pint of snap peas and 2 cups of strawberries.  There weren't many strawberries but the taste of these strawberries was more intense than what you can buy in a box at Cub.  So tonight I ate some asparagus, some romaine, one radish and all the strawberries.  Radishes, man, I just don't like radishes.  I ate one just to be sure I still don't like them.  I found out I still don't like them.  And they don't like me either.  I already gave 1 dozen to a neighbor.  I remember sometimes my Mom would make her potato salad with radishes and sometimes without radishes. I would be very disappointed if she included the radishes.  They're not easy to pick out when they're diced because the white part looks just like a potato or an onion.  So far I'm pleased with what I got.  When I picked up my food I was told that last year we got 5 or 6 ears of fresh picked corn almost every week.  I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...