Wednesday, June 18, 2014

On The Other Hand

On the other hand, the chickens weren't so adorable at 5:22 this morning (when I don't have to get up until 6!) bawk, bawk, bawk, BAWK?  Then two chickens bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk, BAWK, BAWK.  Then three chickens bawk, bawk, bawk, BAWK!  You get the picture.  Eventually all four chickens were bawking about somebody's ovulation schedule. I am grateful for the eggs yet I still have 36 more minutes to sleep and everyone knows that last 36 minutes are the most precious.  These chickens are cutting into my prime REM time.  So from the comfort of my pillow and firm mattress I told the chickens the shut the heck up asked them kindly to tone it down.  Did they listen?  No, they did not.  Bawk, bawk, bawk for another ten minutes.  After all I do for them!  Just today I convinced my neighbor to bring her 17 year old Boston Terrier to empty his bladder in my yard as an anti-fox precaution.  Chickens - it's not all moonlight and roses just so you know.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...