Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Becoming Experts

Offspring #2 and I finished installing the railings on the deck.  We're becoming experts now which is good because I still have the railings on the stairs to install.  Measuring, cutting, drilling, and attaching come easier.  It really helps to have two people doing this not because we need four hands but because we need two sets of eyes and two brains to figure things out.

And we did all this perfectly (see that bubble smack dab in the middle?) despite a big wasp nest under the deck.  As much as I am for saving pollinators and not using pesticides, I sprayed and sprayed and sprayed that nest before we knocked it down and sprayed it some more.  We never got stung.  Normally I would spray the nest at sunset.  Determination to get this job done made me brave.  That and watching Tyler spray a half dozen hornet nests on the farmhouse.  If he can do it, I can too. If anyone else was around to do it, I would have let them.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...