Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hello Dolly

After a picnic supper on the shores of Lake Como we went to the final performance of "Hello Dolly" put on by the Rosetown Playhouse at the Como Pavilion.  My nephew played the part of Horace Vandergelder, a crotchety, parsimonious man who is convinced into loving Dolly, the local matchmaker.  I loved it.  In the first act my nephew sings and dances to a song called, "It Takes A Woman."  I was so impressed I blurted out to the woman sitting on the next bench, "That is my nephew."  I couldn't help it.  I was so proud.  Horace spends a lot of the play looking scornful and rolling his eyes while everyone else is smiling and dancing.  The best part came at the end when Horace's face changes from scowling and singing about how he wouldn't marry Dolly if she asked him a million times to a loving face and wanting to marry Dolly.  When he started singing, "Hello Dolly" with his new point of view the transformation was so good I couldn't help but start clapping.  It was such a good show!  The weather was perfect and the audience very interactive.  What great entertainment! 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...