Thursday, July 17, 2014

Some IT Techs Lack A Sense of Humor

Today at work our email service was migrated to a virtual server.  I expected some disruption of service but nothing more.  I had a busy day and when I came back to my office there was a man at my desk on my computer wearing a FBI cap.  Another man sat beside him talking to him with a thick Russian accent. They didn't say anything when I walked in.  Caught flat footed I stammered, "Do you really work with the FBI?"  He stopped typing for a moment, looked me in the eye and answered, "I used to."  Then he went back to typing and the other guy went back to giving instructions with a Russian accent.  Did I violate a HIPPA standard?  Was I being investigated for something?  The weird factor was off the charts so I dropped my books on the back of my desk and headed to the bathroom - the bathroom on the third floor and I took the long way.  The two guys were still there when I returned so I hung out in the copy room.  I told a couple people what they said so three people nonchalantly walked by my office to peek at the FBI guy and his Russian counterpart.  Later I heard them talking to our regular IT tech (who does have a sense of humor).  So I knew they were helping with the email migration to the virtual server.  Some things are so weird they have to be true because no one could make this stuff up.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...