Friday, July 25, 2014

Soaking Up The Summer

Tonight my commute on Ferry Street from Highway 10 to Bunker Lake Boulevard took 35 minutes instead of the usual 5 minutes.  The traffic from the county fair was rough.  But as I drove slowly by with all four windows open and my bare arm resting on the car door, listening to the screams of the kids on the Kamikaze, I tried to fix this moment in my mind and come back to it in six months.  Because in January I will be wearing a coat, boots and gloves, driving with all four windows up and the heat set on high, vision partially obstructed by a salty grime in the corners of the windshield, and dreaming of the day when I can drive with the windows down again.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...