Thursday, May 21, 2015

Ferry Ride

I accompanied Offspring #2 on her travels by taking the ferry from Bremerton into Seattle.  Here we are coming into Seattle.

We walked from the ferry down to Pike's Market.  We passed the Seattle Art Museum on the way.  Outside they have a giant black moving statue of a man wielding a hammer.

We walked around Pike's Market.  We bought some fruits and vegetables at the Famers Market.  We had lunch downtown.  She headed toward the airport on the light rail while I took the ferry back to Bremerton.  Here I am leaving Seattle.

Seattle is a pretty city.  The views are awesome.  In exchange for great views of water, the residents of Seattle put up with terrible traffic snarls.  Cars on Interstate 5 were stop and go.

The ride takes about an hour.  The fare from Bremerton to Seattle is free.  The fare from Seattle to Bremerton is $8 for a pedestrian, more for bikes and even more for cars.  I would guess this ferry held about 70 cars.

On the first post is a group of 10 pelagic cormorants.  I see them all over the place but it took me a few days to make a good identification.  I also saw a white winged scoter (black duck with red legs).

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...