Thursday, May 7, 2015

Yes Please

I needed a break from the serious books I've been reading about world war two.  I got that in spades with Amy Poehler's book, Yes Please.  Although much of the book was taken up with her tirade on how hard it is to write a book and some of it was filled with silly lists or other people writing for her, she had some really good sentences and advice interspersed with the drivel.  The book moves around in time like a metal ball in a pinball game.  We bounce around from her 20's, her early childhood, and her current life so fast it was hard for me to keep up.  Amy is refreshingly honest.  I listened to an audio version of this book so I got to hear her read her own work which was a very fun way to pass the miles on the highway. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...