Sunday, May 3, 2015

Roots

Yesterday I helped plant a boatload of trees.  If a boatload of trees is at least 50, I helped plant a boatload.  I think about those trees and their roots today.  After living in a dark plastic bag for, I don't know how long, a week or two?  After living in a dark plastic bag now they are outside in the fresh air with their roots submerged in the dark black earth of Ottertail County.  Now the roots are free to grab on to the rich soil and grow further.  They have plenty of water and space to grow.  I hope they enjoy their location on the edge of a maple basswood forest.  I hope the shock of being transplanted isn't too great and they these trees thrive and grow.  I especially hope the chokecherry trees grow to bear fruit in case I want to make some jelly.  I hope the sugar maples grow straight and tall and offer visual ecstasy to those who see them in 2065.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...