Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nice Walk Today

I've been taking walks down to Dyes Inlet and the Lions Park.  Today I lucked out and discovered a black tailed deer fawn standing next to a roadside creek.

A crow let me get pretty close to it as it found something tasty to eat and pulled it out of the water.

The crow moved it's lunch to this rock.  I've seen crows and Pacific gulls pick mussels out of the water, fly high above the road, and drop the mussels to crack open the shells.  Then the birds fly down and eat the mussels and leave the shells on the road.  The birds do this quite a bit.  As I walk along the road I step on the shells because they make a satisfying crunch sound under my sandals.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...