Wednesday, May 6, 2015

House Wren Returns

Maybe I'm talking this too personally but ever since the house wren migrated back to my yard two days ago I feel like the wren thinks it is his or her personal responsibility to make sure I wake up in the morning.  Starting about 45 minutes before my alarm, it starts nagging at me from the black spruce outside my bedroom window.  Cut me some slack, house wren, I haven't ever, ever been a no-call, no-show at work.  You mistake me for an irresponsible slacker.  Once I am up and out of bed the tree wren moves to another yard and probably does the same thing for them.  The rest of the day the house wren brings two inch twigs and fills up all the bird houses in my yard to the very top.  The house wren can't possibly use all four houses but I think it wants to make sure no one else can use the houses either.  The twigs are packed in there so tight that if I remove the stack of twigs I can't put it back in because the twigs expand as if they were vacuum packed.
 
 



No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...