Sunday, May 17, 2015

Torn

Labor and delivery are a very strange thing.  As an observer I am torn.  Usually, no-scratch that, more than usually, 99.9% of the time I don't wish pain on suffering on anyone.  But when babies are over due and the Mother is not comfortable anymore, I DO wish pain and suffering would start.  Is it wrong for me to mentally poke a hole in the amniotic sac?  Living with an overdue pregnant woman is like living with a ticking time bomb.  We never know when she'll go off.  Things have started now.  The sac has been punctured. Soon I will be a Grandmother.  I aspire to be half as good as the two Grandmothers that I had. I had some awesome Grandmothers in my life and they set the bar real high.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...