Sunday, May 24, 2015

We Will, We Will Rock You!

I can sit and stare at a baby for hours and never know what they feel.  Does she know when she is held?  Does she realize someone is caring for her?  Is she beginning to trust that her needs will be met?  Can she see my face?  I hope she can't smell my breath sometimes.  Does she really like Queens "We Will Rock You" and the beer barrel polka or is it just coincidence that she stops crying when I sing it to her?

Once she gets to the point of opening her mouth like a baby robin and moving in all directions hoping to latch onto a nipple, singing isn't going to take her mind off anything anymore.  She has a one track mind sometimes and she is quite assertive.  And that is a good thing.  She is a fighter!  But I know that sometimes she wants to suck for reasons other than hunger.

I tell her that her Mommy can't be a human pacifier but does she listen?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...