Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Deer

When I was traveling in Australia, I had the last 5 days to myself.  My companions left earlier than I did.  I traveled to Kangaroo Island and met an awesome tour guide, Nikki.  Nikki showed me around her island.  I saw her parent's house, her father's fishing boat, and the beauty and wildlife of her home.  She has been interested in conservation and photography her entire life. I learned a lot during the two days we spent together.  Kindred spirits Nikki and I. Everyday she takes pictures of the wild creatures around her and puts them on her facebook wall.  (We're friends on facebook). Almost every day I see kangaroos, wallabys, wedge tailed eagles, echidnas, fur seals, dolphins, and fairy wrens because that is what she sees around her place.  So I'm taking a lesson from Nikki.  I want to appreciate the wildlife around my house and take their picture like she does.  Except I'm not investing in expensive cameras.  Almost every day I see white tailed deer in my yard.  I think I'll start by photographing them. For one thing they're easier to photograph than birds and squirrels and chipmunks.  I shall try to put deer ticks and Lyme disease out of my mind and appreciate my herd of deer.  The faces of these deer are as cute as any kangaroo!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lovely photo. :)

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...