Wednesday, March 2, 2016

I Can And I Will

This morning my alarm went off at six and woke me out of a dream.  Even though I went to bed 9 hours earlier and even though the dream was oddly disturbing, I still did not want to get out of bed.  I turned off the alarm.  I covered myself up again and made my head comfortable on the pillow.  I said aloud, "I do not want to get up."  As I laid there, not getting up and not going back to sleep I heard a sound coming from outside.  Is that a robin singing?  Is this a migratory robin or one of those "stay all winter in Minnesota" robins?  Whatever. I heard, "Cheerily.  Cheer up.  Cheer up.  Cheerily."  Well, I guess I can get out of bed.  If that robin can sing so cheerily in the light of dawn, outside where it is cold out,  I can and I will get out of bed.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...