Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Throw That Bucket Off The Bridge!

Yes, folks, that is right.  It is stream monitoring time again.  Time to throw that bucket off the bridge and collect some stream water.  Measure the clarity of the water, the temperature, the recreational suitability and appearance for the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency.  And what are the results?  That water was cold!  34 degrees is darn cold water.   Cold and murky - I couldn't see beyond 50 cm.  The appearance and recreational suitability were good though.  And to monitor my streams makes me know winter is over.  (I don't care what the forecast says)!  The water was liquid and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...