Thursday, March 10, 2016

Traveling With Pomegranates

I read Traveling With Pomegranates written by  Sue Monk Kidd and her daughter Ann Kidd Taylor.  The mother and daughter duo traveled to Greece twice and wrote about their travels.  And when I saw travels I mean physical travels, spiritual travels and relationship travels.  Both women are very introspective and possibly anxious.  I can imagine traveling with them would be quite frustrating because they would stop and stare at a mundane thing like the roots of an olive tree for hours while contemplating their place in the universe and how that related to Greek mythology.  I enjoyed the book but I am a fan of Sue Monk Kidd.  If you aren't a fan of hers, I doubt you'd like it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...